Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Visual Mix by Cassius


Hello Friends,

This is Cassius and I would like to share with you my new visual mix. I call it: "This is Why We Fight". Essentially, I believe that when you combine the resolution of a modern screen, color, moving pictures and sound an almost infinite combination of information can be communicated. With this in mind, I wanted to make a short 2 minute audio visual mix that illustrated the past 60 years or so.




As shown, it starts out in the 60's when the climate was tense. The Man had just gotten the bomb and the youth were revolting. Around 1:02 it shows that all the power is in you. Then, bringing in some color is the swirling scene. I waned to segue from stock footage to motion graphics to show the abstract world of the universal physics the bomb was tapping into. This led into the modern times of color with technological scenes and a scene from Tim & Eric.

Check back for more of these, some live clips, and an extended mix to be released with Dj Vice Versa's upcoming mixtape!

- Cassius

No comments:

Post a Comment